Long span shelving as the name suggests, has long interrupted spans, shelf lengths range from 1800mm up to 2400mm long. Shelf depths range from 465mm deep through to 605mm deep.
Commonly supplied with 18mm thick particle board recessed into the beams (customers can choose steel and wire shelves as an alternative enabling the versatility for each solution and it requirements).
Long Span Shelving can be likened to mini Pallet Racking. Beams clip into frames and boards slip into recesses in the beams or are screwed down for extra strength and stability. Frames come assembled; saving you time and it is a hassle free application.
It differs from pallet racking because the beams are thinner than conventional racking, and the uprights are narrower, so there is no wasted storage space.
- Long span shelving is free standing.
- Additional shelf levels are easily clipped in and are adjustable.
- Bays can be extended by simply adding beams onto existing uprights.
- There are no bolts which mean fast and easy instillation. Bays are easily re-configured and relocated.
- Long Span Shelving is a light/medium duty shelving system.
- It can be used to store archive boxes, heavy cartons, almost any industrial shelving requirements.
- Special stepped beam profile allows true protection of flush fitting shelf inserts.
- It is designed to support 4000kgs per bay and 400kgs per shelf level UDL.
- It does not require a special material handling equipment